Saturday, September 24, 2011

Air miles (Love story at the Airport terminal)



Moving the strands of hair on her face, black curls trying to caress;
The girl at the airport with bottle green attire, myself fully impressed;
Mesmerising kohl studded eyes like dew drops on leaves in frozen lake;
Burgundy nail polish with the tinge of mascara like icing on the cake.

My snookum lady immersed in the sci-fi novel, B Sterling was the author;
So I skimmed a business magazine, which made no sense thereafter;
Within a few minutes, heart in my mouth made a prompt decision;
Prologue with the girl was the only motive of my joyful life’s mission.

Collided her in food court, the girl buying the McDonalds happy meal;
Here I was talking on the phone discussing my new business deal;
French fries bounced apart, coke spilled on me, she was annoyed;
Sorry was the sweet voice heard by my nascent ears, filled my heart’s void.

Bundles of tissues was making their way, she wiped my jacket and shirt;
As a gentleman offered her my ice-cream, manners and courtesy was first;
In this moment of time, lost my cellphone following give and take bargain;
Was flustered for a split second, searching helter skelter again and again.

Sensing the panic, my senorita offered her cellphone to give a miss call;
The phone started ringing; it was bouncing in my denim pocket wall;
Smirk on my face revealed, the ploy was understood by the urban fairy;
I wanted her cell number which was flashing in bold on my blackberry.

She was smiling at the question I asked which was kind of dicey;
Did the sun just come out or did you just smile at me…miss spicy;
She laughed at my jokes, listening to her stories… running was the time;
Wished the spaces between your fingers are meant to be filled with mine.

With the announcement; along the airport crystal maze we were on our way,
Gorgeous boarded her Emirates flight; my Air India there was a delay;
Landed my native soil, reached my pocket to give a call and SMS to send;
Lost my cellphone for real this time…. My shortest love story came to an end.

9 comments:

  1. oh, what a nice story, sorry it had to end that way... but i must admit, i like how u got her number, loool.. ima use that someday and dedicate that moment to this poem..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronette Alwyn Rodricks said:
    nice:)i think real life:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ambika Marnad said:
    V beautiful story....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did this really occur? Or was this your imagination?
    I liked the poem but I didn't like the title of the poem...could have been more imaginative??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it real story? Nice one .............

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice feeling man, really passed thru my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing. Didnt know u were this talented. :-). modern Shakespeare in the making.. just kidding. loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice..looks like ur real story....

    ReplyDelete